Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Go Veggie

I've worked around the corner from Go Veggie for years but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that a co-worker brought it to my attention when trying to figure out what to eat for lunch. " You're a vegetarian, why don't you try Go Veggie?"

Good question. So I tried it.




Attached to a market, Go Veggie is small enough, you'd miss it if you weren't looking. Inside, behind the counter is a small friendly staff which includes Maria.

Maria has worked at Go Veggie for almost a year. She's not a vegetarian but enjoys the veggie options the small restaurant offers.

A self serve buffet lines one side of the room with a limited number of tables on the other. Informative signs mark the type of food available. "I've written many of the signs," Maria says, "But I haven't tried all of the foods. My favorite is the pickling red cabbage. It's a regular".

Sandwiches, burgers, salads, and soups make up the menu at Go Veggie along with a number of tasty drinks such as veggie juices and fresh fruit smoothies.
"When I first started working here, I would drink the fresh grapefruit juice every shift. I think I've had enough of it now. I like the watermelon better."
With a rotating menu of delicious vegetarian options, including a curry which was recently introduced, Go Veggie offers a fresh alternative to eating vegetarian. There's something for everyone which Maria reiterates, "I don't have to eat the food we serve but I like it. The capellini pasta salad is good and the marinated tofu but I still like a burger too."

Go Veggie is close to the intersection on Centinela and Jefferson near Culver City.

No comments:

Post a Comment